Born in Orciano di Pesaro on 17 November 1930. He obtained a technical school-leaving certificate in Pesaro and three years later he moved to Milan driven by a great passion for small sculptures and silverware. Together with his brother Arnaldo, he held exhibitions at the Cardazzo galeries in Venice and Milan. He was invited to take part to the Biennial in Venice for the first time in 1956 and to the second and third edition of Documenta in Kassel. His works obtained a striking international success and were exhibited in some of the most important museums and galeries. His last years were characterized by projects for "places", squares, parks, various sites to be used and for "living".